Working with us

Scholarships and prizes

Offering a scholarship or prize for undergraduate students will give you an opportunity to build relationships with the best of our graduating students. Scholarships are generally awarded on academic merit, and can include a workplace element. As the sponsor, you will be recognised by CECS and asked to participate in prize-giving ceremonies. We can tailor a scholarship or prize to meet your requirements as a benefactor.

Internships and work placements

Internships and work placements for students in Australia and abroad benefit all concerned:

• As the industry partner, you can help to shape the careers and aspirations of engineering and computing graduates, and can assess the abilities of students before recruitment rounds.
  • Students on the scheme broaden their horizons, improve their technical and communication skills, make valuable contacts and gain substantial work experience in a professional environment.

Support for student projects

By providing support for student projects, you can contribute to the curriculum and help students to be involved in answering real-world problems. Several local businesses and government departments currently work with our fourth-year software engineering students to create software programs tailored to the particular needs of the organisations.

Glenn Dickins
Alumnus
Glenn

"With the support of a scholarship from ANU I had the freedom to pursue a challenging and rewarding final year project while enjoying university life. To return the favour, I set up the Dickins Scholarship to support creativity, fun and good engineering. It has been great to meet and even work with some of the recipients and to know that the scholarship has made a difference."

Jason Schiemer
Undergraduate student
Jason

"I did an internship at Asea Brown Boveri (ABB) Ltd in Switzerland - a major global supplier of various electronic, power, control and robotics. I worked in the company's corporate research centre in Baden where I was part of a team that investigated insulating materials. As well as full-time employment, a reasonable budget and access to high quality equipment and personnel, I enjoyed being in Europe where I got to ski and travel. It was a great experience."

Sponsorship of student events

Sponsoring career events, and national and international engineering and computer science competitions, provides valuable opportunities for industry partners to meet our graduating students. Examples are competitions to develop and build mechanised vehicles such as racing cars, solar cars and bikes, and autonomous planes.

To learn more about supporting the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science, contact:
E: cecslink

To make a donation to the College contact the ANU Office of Endowment for Excellence.

Updated:  6 December 2013 / Responsible Officer:  JavaScript must be enabled to display this email address. / Page Contact:  JavaScript must be enabled to display this email address. / Powered by: Snorkel 1.4